Creating circular food-grade recycled polypropylene
from post-consumer packaging
- Develop the infrastructure and systems for recycling PP to food grade in major population centres (in UK).
2. Production of food grade PP for re-use into consumer products including cosmetics and food.
3. Start the recovery of branded PP products for recycling.
4. Establish certification by EFSA and USFDA for the manufacturing processes.
5. Enhance the current recycling and decontamination processes to boost economic efficiency and reduce cost.
6. Develop specific grades of rPP for film and sheet extrusion, thermoforming, blow moulding, and injection moulding
7. Develop generic processing solutions for the major processing technologies that maximise recycled content and ensure processing stability for monolayer and multilayer structures.
8. Develop new “design for food-grade recycling” guidelines for brand owners, retailers and convertors.
- Sharing of knowledge in the technical advances that can boost the recyclability of PP packaging.
2. Provide a pathway to the circular PP model for brand-owners and retailers via the NEXTLOOPP systems and technologies.
3. Opportunity to trial early production materials in bespoke products
4. Capacity to solve problems encountered in the recycling of PP packaging
The NEXTLOOPP Story
NEXTLOOPP’s mission is to bring transformational R&D to life with a focus on bridging the gap in the circularity of Polypropylene (PP).
Creating and then closing the loop on food-grade PP has taken 8 years of intense research and commercial trials, the result of which is NEXTLOOPP.
The series of unique technological breakthroughs started with cutting edge decontamination technology. This was followed by innovative fluorescent markers to ramp up the sorting technology.
NEXTLOOPP is now ready to implement these updated manufacturing processes and become the Holy Grail of recycling.
Please email us with any questions you have.